The one thing that makes you successful in life, no matter what it is you choose to do, is balance. Working hard is important, but relaxing and enjoying time with the people that you love is even more important. Sundays in our house during the fall are saved for church, football, food, food and more food!! Here’s how we do it ladies and gentlemen…..
Recipe and photo provided by: Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through.
Seriously, I don’t know a single person on the planet that doesn’t love biscuits and gravy and if they say they don’t, they’re lying!! lol
Recipe and photo provided by: Carlsbad Cravings
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Bread
- 1 large loaf French bread or 2 smaller loafs
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (1/2 for quite spicy)
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (up to 1/2 cup if you LOVE blue cheese)
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, separated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, separated
- 3 packed cups (about 1 ½ pounds) shredded chicken*
- Garnish (optional)
- 6-8 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- blue cheese (only if you love it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice about 2 inches deep through the top of the bread, and continue to cut a large rectangle, being careful not to cut through the bottom of the bread. Remove top of bread and hollow out middle to create a rectangular bread bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and hot sauce and all spices/seasonings until well combined.
- Stir in blue cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar and 3/4 cup mozzarella followed by chicken.
- Spoon Buffalo Chicken Dip into prepared French bread and top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake on a baking tray at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let bread sit approximately 10 minutes to set and slightly cool then slice. Best served warm.
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- ¼ cup butter
- 4-5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!