Looking for some fun family outings in Orange County? Look no more because we have some great ideas for your family trips.
We understand life can get really hectic sometimes. No matter how efficient we think we are we could all use a break from the usual grind to get refreshed. This holds even more true for kids as it does for the adults.
When you are exhausted, and you notice that the kids are bored too, it makes sense to step out of the house, get some fresh air, and have a rejuvenating time outside. After all, nothing can beat a family excursion, and why should the kids feel left out!
Some great destination ideas for family outings in Orange County include:
- Parks: Parks are always great. You don’t have to plan anything special, and the fun of riding big balloons never grows old. Parks are a wonderful place even if it’s just a small picnic or get-together with the family. They are budget friendly and also allow you to have some quiet time. If you still want some help, check out this fantastic link http://funorangecountyparks.com that covers almost all of Orange County.
- Zoos to Farms: Kids really love to interact, especially when they get a chance to be with nature and wild life. It’s like a new door has been opened to them, and we happen to love it too! There are various zoos and farms, where you can closely explore some wild life. Kids can feed the small animals, like turtles and rabbits. They can even touch snakes and other reptiles. If the idea sounds interesting to you, pack your bags and take your kids to Centennial Farm, Santa Ana Zoo, OC Zoo (Orange), The Reptile Zoo (Fountain Valley), or Tanaka Farms.
- Disneyland: Does it even need an introduction? Come on; we are all huge fans of Disneyland. It’s a heaven for both kids and adults. From dining with characters to watching the firecrackers, from shopping to recreational activities, it’s a great entertainment place for all of us. So, what is stopping you? Visit http://disneyland.disney.go.com/ and book the tickets already!
- Glowing Ocean: The Pirate Coast Paddle Co. lets you have amazing guided SUP Glow Night tours of Newport Bay. You can get there on Friday and Saturday nights in the summer. There are waterproof LED lightings, which let boarders see marine life in the calm waters. For detailed info, visit com.
- Go ahead and jump: With kids, we too become younger. And kids never get bored of jumping. This time, along with your children, unleash the child in you and wiggle out at several trampoline places throughout Orange County. For some more sporty fun, explore dodge-ball, basketball, foam pits and an arcade area. The places to check are Sky Zone, Anaheim Hills, and Westminster; Big Air, Buena Park and Laguna Hills; Get Air Surf City, Huntington Beach; Sky High Sports, Costa Mesa; and Rockin’ Jump, Santa Ana.
- Water Parks: We can never get enough splashing or cool water during the summer. Water parks are everybody’s favorite family outing spots. The best of them is Soak City. With new water slides and many more fun options, you can have an incredible time. Just click https://www.knotts.com/play/soak-city and you are ready to go! Some other water parks are Splash, Raging Waters, Heritage Water Splash Pads, and Frontier Park, etc.
- Adventure Zone: At gov, you would find the Adventure Playground. It lets kids raft on a small pond, climb across a rope bridge and slide down a mud slide. As the activities can be a little muddy, you may need to bring some extra clothes and towels. It becomes even better. There are not one but two such parks with the same name in Orange County. The Adventure Playground at Irvine’s University Park is not a traditional playground. The kids can have some unstructured play, use their imagination to build, create and interact at Cityofirvine.org.
- Museums: Many of us love to visit museums. Museums are cool. They are full of info, a bit mysterious and take us into a different era altogether. They are food for the wondering, curious minds. The best museums in Orange County are Discovery Science Center, Bowers Museum and Pretend City.
- Movies and starlit sky: What could be more mesmerizing than watching movies on giant screens, under the starlit skies? There are communities that arrange such movie screenings, where families bring beach chairs and blankets and enjoy the show. The locations are Brea, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Lake Forest and Placentia.
- For the love of books: Hello, book-lovers! For some of us, spending time with and around books is equally thrilling and refreshing as any other outing option. Sounds even better, if you get free books to read, at places like Pottery Barn Book Club. There are other options too, like Local Library Programs.
If you feel like checking out more ways to a lovely and entertaining family outing, don’t get disheartened. There are various websites and blogs, flooding with places to get you going.
Some of them are:
Isn’t it exhilarating, having so many options to choose from! What are you waiting for? Grab your bag, plan a day out and enjoy some beautiful family outings with your loved ones.
If you’re as excited about all the family outings in Orange County as we are, why not move here? Contact us here to learn more!